Wednesday 19 January 2011

For Science!

Ever come across a situation in Azeroth (or Draenor) you are fairly sure would result in your death, but still reallyreally wanted to test how it all pans out? Wonder no more! In this feature my toons will endure Death By Curiosity, so you won't have to. To kick off the potential series, I present to you The Sundering:


 
This vortex is situated in the lush but perilous jungles of Northern Stranglethorn. Formed by several waterfalls flowing down the surrounding craggy cliffs, it looks so inviting and wonderous, I couldn't resist jumping in to see what happens.

Well, not much. You get swept away and get the age old question of whether to realease your spirit. You don't even get to see the friendly Spirit Healer, but wake up in the nearest graveyard alive with half your mana and health.

Aren't you glad I saved you the trouble of finding out?





As a bonus feature! A fish you don't want to annoy (a family of fish really), groupers. Those damn groupers. This specific fish can be found in Vashj'ir. 

Don't let its happy bright colouring fool you, it is viscious! It has a special attack where it chomps you in its maw and then lazily swims around till you end up dying. So much fun. 

If you're lucky you might have a few murlocs to whack at you simultaneously, so it won't take quite as long to kick the bucket. For some reason my shadow priest was able to kill the bugger every time before I died, but my poor kitty druid just flailed about and slowly bled to death.

That's it for now. More Amazing Deaths shall appear as I come across these situations (Trust me, I'm a pro. Once I managed to hit levitate right as I struck a cliff wall only to have my corpse slowly levitate down the remaining distance. Not embarrassing at all.). If you don't trust my ability to find death by myself, feel free to suggest things you don't want to go try yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment